Content Distribution Specialist
Division: Content Distribution
Work Status: Full-Time
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role
Corus has an exciting, full-time opportunity for a Content Distribution Specialist at Corus Quay. Reporting to the Director, Content Distribution, the successful candidate will be involved in assisting with the analysis of content and network deals, contract administration, as well as providing support to the overall Content Distribution team. The Content Distribution team offers a high-energy, fast-paced environment and contributes a material portion of the total television revenue each year to Corus. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on many interesting projects, such as reviewing large-scale distribution deals, and researching trends in the ever-changing media landscape. Moreover, they will gain exposure to the entire Corus specialty portfolio of 38 networks, including Disney Channel, YTV, Food Network, History, and HGTV. Working in Content Distribution offers the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment.
- Assist Analyst, Content Distribution to project financial scenarios and their impact to Corus’ subscriber numbers and revenue
- Assist Account Managers with contract and database management
- Liaise between the Content Distribution and Legal to ensure business needs are met
- Liaise with internal departments in order to facilitate client issue resolution where required
- Research and special projects as required
- Support Marketing initiatives targeting subscription (some travel may be required)
What We Need From You:
- Analytical skills to research, evaluate, and understand data to determine financial impacts, sensitivity, and future projections
- Familiarity with computerized systems and various software programs with existing foundation in Excel
- Excellent communication, organizational and database management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Prior experience with Distributor (Cable or Satellite) or Programmer is an asset
- Must enjoy a fast paced environment that is based on team and individual effort
- A positive, friendly manner, as well as experience speaking in front of small groups.
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Michail.Morias@corusent.com by September 11, 2017.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.