Announcer, Morning Show, Intermediate
Work Status: Full-time
About the Role
PEGGY @ 99-1 is looking for someone upbeat and creative to join this fun and unique station! Peggy hosts are positive, genuine, light-hearted, fearless, and have a hint of mischief. If you like to work hard, play hard and have a love of pop 80’s and today’s upbeat AC Hits, this is your dream job! You’ll be teamed up with a fun-loving, easy going, and hard-working host, who has a proven track record in Winnipeg and beyond!
Reporting to the Program Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Co-hosting an upbeat, positive, and interactive morning show for Winnipeg
- Ability to communicate and interact on all social media platforms
- Can connect and relate to the target demo of F35-54.
- Promotional appearances on behalf of Peggy as required.
- Commercial production as required
What We Need From You:
- Previous on-air experience
- Strong on-air presentation and ability to relate to audience through spoken word and phone interaction
- Technical Board operation experience
- Excellent social media skills
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
- Enjoys a collaborative environment and brings ideas and enthusiasm.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume, demo and social media samples (posts, blogs, original videos) by September 14, 2017 to:
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
*Please include ‘I want to work at Peggy!’ in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.