New episodes air Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning September 6
(Toronto, Canada) Corus Entertainment’s W Network announced today the names of the 10 companies who will be featured on Undercover Boss Canada this fall. From fisheries to the oil and gas sector to hockey, viewers will have an inside look at iconic Canadian industries and meet the new bosses from Canlan Ice Sports Corp, Cooke Aquaculture, East Side Mario’s, Home Hardware, PJ’s Pets, Premiere Van Lines, Purdy’s Chocolates, Tervita Corporation, T&T Supermarket Inc and the Victorian Order of Nurses (VON), who are pushed to their limits with grittier and grimier tasks. From Alliance Films, produced in association with W Network, Undercover Boss Canada premieres on Thursday, September 6 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, with Canadian owned and operated retailer Home Hardware.
To view a trailer of Undercover Boss Canada and for more information about the series, please click here.
Back with 10 new episodes, Undercover Boss Canada follows executives as they leave the comfort of their top floor offices to go undercover on the ground floor. Each episode features an executive who is transformed into a frontline worker with a covert disguise and a convincing back story. Working alongside their employees, each “boss” embarks on an often emotional journey as they struggle to learn new skills not required at the CEO level and discover the effects their decisions have on others, the perception of the company, and who the unsung heroes of their workforce are. Most importantly, they learn how to apply what they have gained from the experience – both for their company and for themselves.
“We’re ecstatic that audiences have enthusiastically embraced Undercover Boss Canada for its unprecedented access into Canadian businesses and the dedicated employees who keep the companies afloat,” said Vibika Bianchi, Vice President, Original Programming, Lifestyle, Reality, Factual Entertainment, Corus Entertainment. “This fall, we’re incredibly proud to present fans with 10 more gripping stories from across the country.”
“I have had the privilege of meeting a number of Canada’s most extraordinary business leaders thanks to Undercover Boss Canada,” said Thomas Howe, Executive Producer. “They are an amazingly talented group. It has been humbling witnessing the reactions of hard working extraordinary people when they realize their bosses have appreciated the important jobs they do.”
Below is a list of the 10 companies and executives participating in the series:
- Home Hardware – The Executive Vice President and COO (Chief Operating Officer) Terry Davis returns to his roots working in the warehouse by making his own improvements on Thursday, September 6 at 9 p.m.
- Canlan Ice Sports Corp – CEO Joey St-Aubin goes undercover in the largest privately owned/operated ice sports and recreational facilities in North America, in an effort to win back cost-conscious customers on Thursday, September 13 at 9 p.m.
- Purdy’s Chocolates – The Director of Chocolate Merchandising and Marketing Kriston Dean goes undercover in Purdy’s Chocolates stores and factory floors to find out if she can boost chocolate sales on Thursday, September 20 at 9 p.m.
- Cooke Aquaculture – CEO Glenn Cooke spends a week working undercover at the Canadian leader in salmon farming, encountering the East Coasters who nurture his fish and their remarkable stories on Thursday, September 27 at 9 p.m.
- Victorian Order of Nurses (VON) – CEO Judith Shamian works undercover to see first-hand the pressure that nurses and caregivers are under and quickly discovers that working in disguise is riddled with risks on Thursday, October 4 at 9 p.m.
- East Side Mario’s – John Rothschild is the CEO of Prime Restaurants Inc., which has over 140 casual dining restaurants in Canada and the U.S., including East Side Mario’s. He goes undercover in the restaurant in a bid to check the frontlines of the business. (Air date TBD)
- Premiere Van Lines – Vice President Kirsten Flynn sweats it out packing and moving during a heat wave and discovers some of her staff are lacking the tools that they need. (Air date TBD)
- PJ’s Pets and Pets Unlimited – President Margaret Kordas tries to overcome her phobia of spiders when she goes undercover in one of the nation’s oldest pet store chains. (Air date TBD)
- T&T Supermarket Inc – Executive Director, Strategy & Operations Tina Lee is secretly searching for ways to attract more customers to Canada’s largest Asian supermarket chain and while working undercover discovers her employees offer food for thought and a fresh perspective. (Air date TBD)
- Tervita Corporation – Tervita specializes in dirty jobs, providing environmental cleanup for Western Canada’s booming energy and mining industries. Vice President Fory Musser works in disguise among his own workers to find out how to attract more employees. (Air date TBD)
Undercover Boss Canada is based on the format devised by Studio Lambert, part of the ALL3MEDIA group of companies. Undercover Boss has been seen in over 175 territories to date through sales of the UK and USA show and as a format sale – ALL3MEDIA International will also take responsibility for marketing the Canadian show to other broadcasters internationally.
This series will be supported with a four-week marketing campaign beginning Monday, September 3 with a focus on major markets including Toronto and Vancouver. The campaign will feature out-of-home, radio, newspaper and Facebook as well as exposure across Corus specialty channels and websites. Support will also include a 10 week contest, The Undercover Boss Canada Ultimate Giveaway, beginning Monday, August 27, which will feature prizing from each of the 10 participating companies. Viewers can go to wnetwork.com/undercoverboss to enter to win prizes such as free meals for a year from East Side Mario’s and a $1,000 gift card from Home Hardware.
About W Network
Watched by over 10 million viewers in an average month, W Network delivers compelling entertainment for women, ranging from blockbuster movies to popular dramas and lifestyle series. Its website, www.wnetwork.com offers in-depth show information featuring expert advice from hosts in addition to a popular games section and a rich online community. W has built a leadership position as “marketing to women experts” through its various research initiatives, including The Her Report.
About Corus Entertainment Inc.
Corus Entertainment Inc. is a Canadian-based media and entertainment company. Corus is a market leader in specialty television and radio with additional assets in pay television, television broadcasting, children’s book publishing and children’s animation. The Company’s multimedia entertainment brands include YTV, Treehouse, Nickelodeon (Canada), ABC Spark, W Network, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network (Canada), CosmoTV, Sundance Channel (Canada), Movie Central, HBO Canada, Nelvana, Kids Can Press and radio stations including CKNW AM 980, 99.3 The FOX, Country 105, 630 CHED, Q107 and 102.1 the Edge. Corus creates engaging branded entertainment experiences for its audiences across multiple platforms. A publicly traded company, Corus is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CJR.B). Experience Corus on the web at www.corusent.com.
About Alliance Films Inc.
Alliance Films Inc. is one of the top five independent filmed entertainment companies in the world. A leading multinational distributor, co-financier and producer of television and filmed entertainment, its member companies, Alliance Films and Alliance Vivafilm (Canada); Momentum Pictures (UK) and Aurum Producciones (Spain), offer integrated delivery of content in all media.
All times are ET/PT.
For high-resolution images, please visit http://mediacentre.corusent.com.
For more information, images or screeners, please contact: