Nelvana Extends Shopkins Brand with New Marketing and Licensing Partners
Global Children’s Entertainment Company Finalizes QSR Program with McDonald’s; Signs Multiple Licensing Deals and Names Megalicense International as Subagent
Toronto, Canada – Corus Entertainment’s Nelvana Enterprises, the sales, brand-management, and consumer products division of Nelvana, has a full “menu” of new 2017 programs for the popular Shopkins brand. Leading the way is a QSR campaign with McDonald’s restaurants in France and Monaco, designed to appeal to young fans who just can’t get enough of the mega-hit’s adorable and collectible mini figures, along with a range of new consumer products partners. In addition, in partnership with brand owner Moose Toys, Nelvana has named Megalicense International as sub-agent for Russia, the Commonwealth of Independent States, Ukraine, and the Baltic nations of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
“As Nelvana’s global stake in children’s animated content and products continues to grow, so do our strategic partnerships,” said Antoine Erligmann, Head, Nelvana Enterprises, EMEA. “We’re pleased to be working with these industry-leading companies and are confident our new partners will help us further build the Shopkins brand in even more markets around the world.”
Nelvana will kick off a McDonald’s Happy Meals promotion in fall 2016 in France featuring a special Shopkins premium that underscores the collectability factor of the popular toys. In addition, Nelvana has named a wide range of new licensees to the Shopkins consumer products program, including:
- Bonbon Buddies – A delicious collection on confectionary treats for consumers in France, Eastern Europe and Scandinavia
- Corsair Toiletries Ltd. – An extensive array of toiletries and personal care products such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, bubble bath, and lip gloss for France and French-speaking Belgium as well as French-speaking Switzerland
- Ravensburger – A line of puzzles that will be available in France, Italy and Spain
- Sahinler SAS – An expansive line of apparel, including t-shirts, underwear, swimwear, pajamas, headwear, and more for consumers in France and Monaco
- The Cookie Company BV – A wide selection of jewelryand hair accessories as well as swimwear, underwear, sleepwear, and cold-weather accessories such as hats and gloves by Primark Products for Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg
- Trudeau – An extensive assortment of housewares, including melamine items, offered throughout Europe
Even more brand expansion is in store via Megalicense, the leading licensing agency in Russia, Ukraine and the Baltics.
“Shopkins has been a strong hit for the local distributors like Unitoys (Russia), Kiddisvit (Ukraine), and Anvol (Baltics),” said Megalicense International CEO Friderico Gatti. “We plan to build an extensive and successful licensing program and cross-promote the brand through different media platforms.”
Shopkins is a line of miniature collectibles for children aged 5+. The brand has achieved unbelievable retail success with more than 700 million Shopkins sold globally. Shopkins’ 12-pack was named the top-selling toy of 2015 in the U.S. by the NDP Group. In the digital space, Shopkins is the No. 1 kids app in over 11 countries, and the Shopkins YouTube Channel has received in excess of 181 million views. The first ever Shopkins DVD will be realeased internationally from October 2016.
Follow Corus PR on Twitter @CorusPR
Follow Nelvana Enterprises on Twitter @NelvanaEnt
Nelvana is a world-leading international producer and distributor of children’s animated and live-action content. Nelvana produces a stable of award-winning and globally renowned brands that focus on comedies, preschool and boys action series and ancillary consumer products programs. Nelvana’s content airs on Corus Entertainment’s kids channels in Canada and in over 160 countries around the world. The Nelvana library has well over 4,000 episodes of programming and has received over 70 major international program awards including Emmys® and Geminis. Visit the Nelvana website at nelvana.com.
# # #
Grand Communications (for Nelvana)
For Megalicense International, contact:
Head of Marketing