Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about producing breakthrough promotion spots and multi-platform campaigns that stand out? Do you have endless ideas and a passion for news? If so, Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity for you. We’re looking for a full time writer/editor/producer to market Global News in Toronto.
Writer/Editor/Producer — News Marketing
Job ID: 10
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role
Reporting to the News Director, Global News Toronto, you will conceptualize and create promotional content and creative for multi-platform campaigns for Global News that are on-brand, impactful and compelling. We are looking for a seasoned “preditor” with 5-10 years of experience.
You will contribute original marketing content that will highlight the work of Global News journalists and engage our growing audience on television and online. This position will be based at 81 Barber Greene Road in Toronto.
- Work with the News Director, news marketing team, and senior leadership to meet goals and objectives that will grow the Global News Toronto brand (globalnews.ca traffic and television ratings) through award-winning news content.
- Develop creative concepts and write, produce and edit on-air promotions and PSAs for Global News Toronto.
- Attend daily news editorial meetings and continually liaise with news and marketing manager to determine promotable stories and promotional opportunities.
- Write, produce and edit lead in “coming up” and squeeze-back promos
- Produce, direct and coordinate promotional shoots. Direct and prep talent.
- Work and collaborate on multi-platform initiatives and campaigns.
- Pitch promotional ideas to marketing leads and news management.
- Work with and convey creative concepts to graphic designers.
- Create storyboards, as required
- Occasionally write, produce and edit the headline pack for the newscast.
What We Need From You:
- College or university degree (or equivalent experience), preferably in Journalism, Marketing, or Video Production.
- 5-10 years of experience in broadcast media or equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years of digital, television or newspaper marketing experience.
- Experience directing talent and shoots. Knowledge of video shooting/DSLR technology a plus
- You’re a skilled writer, with a proven ability to create compelling promotional content.
- Strong working knowledge of editing software/multimedia tools, including Adobe Premier, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro/AVID, knowledge of ENPS and EDIUS Grass Valley a plus.
- A deep understanding of the local news agenda in the GTA and Southern Ontario.
- You live and breathe content and know what’s “buzzworthy”, and have a strong social media understanding.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- A passion for, as well as several years of experience creating multi-platform marketing material.
- You wake up in the middle of the night with great ideas.
- A positive attitude, a love for collaboration and a team player.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and to prioritize effectively.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to innovate, explore new ideas and acquire new skills.
- Drive, determination, attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalTorontoCareers@corusent.com by December 15th, 2017. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID 10 in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.