Accountability • Knowledge • Initiative • Innovation • Teamwork
Corus Entertainment is seeking a Vice President of Content, Corus Kids. The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge of children and family programming, and a history of creating world class children’s content. The candidate will oversee the development, management and execution of the entire Corus Kids slate of programming. The individual will have a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously and will have experience managing large teams.
Vice President of Content, Corus Kids
Work Status: Full-time Permanent
Location: Corus Quay, Toronto, Ontario Canada
About the Role:
Reporting to the EVP, Head of Corus Kids, you will be responsible for developing, managing and executing a Corus Kids slate of content. You will be a thought leader with mastery in building a culture of excellence in children’s programming and adult animation within Corus Kids.
As the Vice President of Content, Corus Kids, you would be responsible for:
- Overseeing content investments to build domestic linear and non-linear viewing for the Corus Kids portfolio of brands and international revenues
- Liaising with various teams including Marketing, On Air Programming, Sales and Digital teams to ensure channels and programs are effectively promoted and generate maximum revenue
- Tracking and capitalizing on market trends in viewer tastes, consumption habits and emerging platform opportunities
- Representing Corus at external industry functions where you will give presentations and engage in public speaking opportunities
- Ability to conclude challenging negotiations, especially those with a negative outcome (“NO”), while aligning with Corus Strategies and Core Values
- Managing key accounts with excellence
- Maintaining a strategic partnership and building new relationships with Disney, Nickelodeon, and Cartoon Network
What We Need From You:
- 10 + years of leadership experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams in a large scale media organization
- Proven leadership abilities and superior interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a collaborative work environment across multiple functional areas such as sales, day parts, on air promotion and marketing
- Extensive experience in the creation, development, production and scheduling of children’s programming
- A strong commitment to Corus Values: Initiative, Innovation, Teamwork, Accountability and Knowledge
If You Have the Following… We Want to Hear From You!
- A passion for creating a culture of creative excellence
- Ability to analyze and present comprehensive solutions to complex situations
- Excellent negotiation, strategic planning and managerial skills
- Ability to think innovatively and outside the box
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Mastery of Inspiration and Transformational Leadership styles
- Strong strategic and tactical business acumen
- Ability to work in changing and high pressure environments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 13, 2015.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.