Traffic Supervisor, Copy
Division: Revenue Optimization
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Toronto (25 Dockside Drive)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Traffic Supervisor, Copy located in our Toronto office. The successful candidate will be accountable for various tasks ensuring operational efficiencies within the Traffic Department.
The ideal candidate is a positive, accountable team player with an understanding of the broadcast business. The successful candidate will work closely with other stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate deliveries to the Sales team and other stakeholders to help with revenue generation.
About the Role
- Successful and timely delivery of all logs into master control
- Ensure product conflicts have been properly moved and positioned.
- Protect revenue , support sales with sponsorship placement, special customer requests, late bookings and other commercial material revisions.
- Investigate discrepancies within 48 hour window notice
- Assist day to day operations of the traffic department (Copy)
- Communications within the team, team meetings, notes and follow ups; issues, process, company news; communication with Manager
- Conduct regular performance management meetings and one on ones with direct reports and support manager with other team performance discussions
- Team development and succession planning; engagement and accountability
- Support system builds and upgrades as required
- S4M; testing new functionality, new releases and regression testing, subject matter expert
- Ensure Lead and coordinator training meets business needs
- Investigate Viewer Relations questions regarding commercials, conflicts and appropriate Viewer Advisories
- Training and supervising Traffic Lead and coordinators
- 24/7 traffic emergency business support as required
- SOX, CASL and CRTC compliancy
What We Need From You:
- 5+ years experience working with advertising agencies or other broadcaster
- University or College degree in broadcast media, marketing or related program considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to maintain a professional approach at all times
- Desire and commitment to work with the team in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, client-focused environment
- Enthusiastic work ethic and proactive approach with the ability to embrace change
- Advanced computer skills, particularly with MS Office is a prerequisite
- If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- The ability to easily adapt to constant change
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- A positive attitude
- Are process driven
- A passion for television
- An independent thinker
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by September 11, 2017.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.