Work Status: 12 month contract
Location: Toronto, ON
Job ID: 16-120
About the Role
Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for a 12 month contract full time position at our Toronto office. Reporting to and assisting the Traffic Manager, the Traffic Coordinator will ensure deadlines are met with accuracy, preserve revenue, and support all internal and external departments as required. The Traffic Coordinator should be able to work independently, be professional, cooperative and responsive in providing accurate information to everyone.
- Liaise with internal departments
- Assist with management of advertiser and station inventory as directed by the Traffic Manager
- Co-ordinate and input agency instructions based on bookings from sales
- Liaise with agency staff
- Time and fill program logs based on cue sheets supplied from programming
- Monitor and move advertiser conflicts
- Assist the Traffic Management Team as required on a daily basis
What We Need From You:
- University or College degree in broadcast media, marketing or related program considered an asset
- Experience working with television station traffic departments preferred
- Strong computer skills, particularly with MS Office is a prerequisite
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Superior problem solving skills and the ability to adapt procedures to meet daily deadlines as required
- Ability to prioritize and work well as part of a team environment, with a comfort level of working independently as required
- Desire and commitment to working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, client-focused environment
- Enthusiastic work ethic and proactive approach with the ability to embrace change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 22, 2016.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.