Corus Radio Barrie has an exciting opportunity for a casual Street Team/Cruiser position. The Corus Street Teamers/Cruisers are official representatives of all three of our Barrie radio properties – 93.1 Fresh Radio, 101.1 BIG FM and 95.1 The Peak FM.
The Street Team is on the front line at events like concerts, festivals, sporting events, station promotions and more! Our Street Teamers are the first people our listeners see at events around the area and interact with in person. We are looking for someone who will ensure each and every listener has an excellent experience, and always aims to leave a lasting impression.
The Corus Street Team exudes fun and positivity, getting Barrie excited about our city and our stations! If you are terrifically outgoing, exude a positive attitude that goes above and beyond, punctual, detail-oriented and eager to learn, we want to hear from you!
Street Team Member
Work Status: Casual
Location: Barrie, Ontario
About the Role
Reporting to the Promotions Coordinator, you will be responsible for representing our radio stations to the highest standard, set-up and tear down of station branding and equipment under the direction of the Promotions Coordinator.
- Interacting with listeners and the general public
- Animating crowds and getting people excited, MC duties as required
- Informing listeners and educating them about the Corus brands and current promotions
- Representing the Corus brands in a professional and fun manner at events
- General upkeep of Cruiser vehicle & equipment
- Load, unload, set up and tear down of station branded equipment (tents, flags, broadcast equipment) at events in keeping with Corus standards and brand
- Assisting the Promotions Coordinator with other tasks as needed
What We Need From You:
- Valid Ontario G driver’s license and clean driving record required. Your will be required to drive station vehicles
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to problem solve and deal with adversity
- Energy to spare, both in engaging with the public and in setting up/tearing down equipment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Must be able to take direction well and execute
- Must have a flexible schedule. Weeknight and weekend work required
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Street level promotions experience an asset
- Filming and editing skills an asset
- A love for radio goes a long way – broadcast students are encouraged to apply
- Creativity visually and in problem solving will help you shine in this role
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 5, 2017.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.