Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day. We have an exciting opportunity on our Social Team for a Social Strategist.
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role
Reporting to the Vice President, Social Media & Communications, you will develop best-in-class, data-driven social media strategies and campaigns (across paid, owned and earned) for our priority programs and brands. You’ll also work closely with our sales team on monetization opportunities, and our Content Studio on creating evergreen and branded content.
The right candidate excels in strategic planning, has excellent verbal and written skills, enjoys working with cross-functional teams, a knack for research, and a strong creative ability.
- Develop best-in-class social media strategies and executions (across paid, owned and earned) for our priority programs and brands.
- Oversee community managers, providing ongoing coaching & training.
- Manage agile, campaign and sponsor budgets.
- Collaborate with Sales on social sponsorships to drive revenue. Attend briefings/brainstorms and client pitches. Develop strategies for clients as part of 360 campaigns (includes content, deployment, and optimization), ensuring client’s KPIs are met
- Conduct social research and competitive analysis to identify and track fluctuating social trends. Leverage data to inform content creation and sales.
- Keep abreast of evolving industry trends and developments.
- Oversee video content creation to ensure optimal content for Marketing campaigns, Sales campaigns, show content and evergreen social content, ensuring all social content aligns with brand positioning
- Work with external partnerships including Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms to keep up to date with the latest developments on the platform.
What We Need From You:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing large social audiences and driving social performance.
- Demonstrated expertise in data-driven social media strategy and execution.
- Deep understanding of various platform algorithms, social analytics.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional thought leadership – can rally several stakeholders around an idea and see it through from inception to execution.
- In-depth knowledge of established and emerging social platforms (and how they can be utilized to the benefit of brand and business).
- Experience in social media planning / buying across paid, earned, and owned channels.
- Experience in content creation, optimization and adaptation in nimble industry or space.
- People leadership experience.
- Experience in media and entertainment industry is a significant asset.
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Careers@Corusent.com by April 16, 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.