Are you driven to write compelling ads that get results? Do you challenge assumptions, set big goals, and imagine what’s possible? If you want to work for a company that shares your passion for excellence and encourages you to think beyond, this could be the opportunity for you.
Corus Radio Vancouver is currently seeking for an experienced and dynamic full time Senior Creative Writer to join our Creative team.
Senior Creative Writer
Job ID: 10664
Work Status: Full time
Location: Vancouver, BC
About the Role
This position requires the perfect blend of creative talent, marketing savvy, teamwork and a genuine desire to super serve our internal and external clients. Reporting to the Manager, Creative Services, you will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Create compelling, engaging creative for a diverse client base
- Research client information such as industry, competitors, and products in order to better understand and promote the company
- Demonstrate mastery for effective radio copywriting and mentoring junior writers
- Liaise with clients to address their expectations and concerns regarding promotional material, and gain approval
- Collaborate with sales, promotions, new media and production teams to develop successful advertising and promotional campaigns
- Mastery of station brand and target audience
- Mastery of internal and external client service
- Assist and brainstorm with other Creative Writers to develop unique advertising solutions, strategies and ideas for each client
- Prepare and maintain accurate records of past and present contracts and commercials
- Regularly meet with the Manager, Creative Services to discuss project progress and ways to improve efficiency within the Department
- Ensure project deadlines are met and ads are sent to air on time
- Work with the Production team to develop sound effects of ads
- Make last minute revisions when requested by agencies or clients and maintain up-to-the minute creative priorities
- Attend seminars, conferences and courses in order to develop skills and keep up-to-date with trends
- Ensure material meets CRTC standards and regulations, industry regulations and Corus legal policies
- Mastery of ability to prioritize and manage workload in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Input traffic instructions into Wide Orbit
What We Need From You:
- Minimum 5 years major market radio copywriting experience
- Proficient skill with of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Highly knowledgeable of Wide Orbit and Media Touch
- Understanding of basic audio editing and audio editing software
- Post-secondary education in broadcasting, advertising, marketing, or other related field
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Exceptional creativity and writing skills
- Ability to develop a creative strategy that meets clients’ marketing needs
- Excellent people skills with an ability to relate with diverse clientele; a natural talent for diffusing inter-personal conflict with humour and respect
- Positive, engaging team player with a strong sales focus
- Ability to self-manage along with strong time management, organizational, and verbal communication skills
- Keen knowledge of station cluster formats
- Excellent grasp of pop culture
- Strong research skills required to study client products and competitors, as well as advertising trends
- Must exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with both internal and external contacts
- Display a solid grasp of social media platforms
- Ability to approach projects with innovative and creative thinking, creating fresh and competitive solutions
- Superior organization skills including demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple, complex projects concurrently and within strict deadlines
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 4, 2017. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.