Division: Radio CFPL AM980
Work Status: Casual
Location: London, ON
About the Role
The Corus Radio division has an exciting opportunity for a Casual Operator/Reporter in our London office. Reporting to the News Director, the successful candidate will primarily be responsible for board operating for the London Knights games, in addition to a variety of responsibilities during the week or on the weekend as needed.
- Board operator for weekday and/or weekend London Knights games
- Generate online content for station website, as well as social media feeds
- Conduct telephone interviews and research stories as needed.
- Write, compile and deliver live news casts
- Available weekends and/or weekdays
- Provide vacation relief for other day parts when necessary.
- Attend various community and radio-station related events
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Strong, confident and natural delivery on air
- Passion for telling stories
- Ability to write news stories in a clear, concise and creative manner
- Must be extremely motivated and willing to work as part of a team. No egos.
- Ability to produce online content and experience with social media
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to work under pressure
- Good people skills
- Experience with Burli and Media Touch would be an asset.
- Broadcast Journalism Diploma or University Degree in a related discipline
- Valid Drivers’ License
- Strong references
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 13, 2017.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.