Work Status: Full-time
About the Role
Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for a Programmer in our 25 Dockside Drive (Toronto) location. Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Application Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing programs in the automation of workflow servicing the operations of Broadcast television, Video On Demand services and the animation production pipelines of Nelvana Studios.
- Develop web applications serving workflows within various business groups of Corus Entertainment
- Program core classes for web applications and workflow automation processes
- Develop restful server apis using Python and/or Perl object oriented techniques
- Develop responsive, browser-based interfaces using Corus’s preferred framework
- Apply generally accepted programming standards to maximize code re-use and ease of support and update
- Establish priorities with management for new development while balancing requirements for support of the deployed application base
- As part of a team establish and follow cohesive development operational procedures
- Develop and deploy applications meeting delivery deadlines
- Document applications and diagram workflows for support purposes
- Work in a development team mentoring junior members and coordinating with peers on larger projects
- Identify and evaluate new development platforms and tools with the goal of adding value and efficiency to Corus’s in-house applications
What We Need From You:
- Experience in the development of OO Python and/or Perl code libraries
- Experience developing against SOAP apis would be nice to have.
- Experience developing tools for the manipulation of digital video and audio would be nice to have.
- Experience working with the APIs of these broadcast platforms/products: Evertz’s Mediator; Sintec’s IBMS; Front Porch’s DIVA, Digital Rapids Transcode, GVG’s ITX, Nexidia Media Analysis; Wide Orbit Traffic would be nice to have.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume to ITjob@corusent.com by June 26, 2017.
*Please include Programmer in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
June is Pride Month, a time to celebrate the people in our LGBTQ community here at Corus and in all the communities in which we work every day.
Everyone has a need and a right to be embraced as the unique individuals that they are. This is critical to personal well-being. And at Corus, supporting this need is core to our values.