Are you passionate about story telling? Do you have a creative eye? The Global Television News Department has an immediate full-time opportunity for a PhotoJournalist, located in Montreal.
Division: Global News
Work Status: Full-Time
About the Role
Reporting to the Managing Editor at Global Montreal, the following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Generate original and enterprise news stories that reflect the Global Montreal audience.
- Produce engaging enterprise content for all news programs and platforms.
- Demand accountability from government, community and business leaders.
- Source community events and opportunities for original, enterprise and breaking news stories.
- Develop contacts within the community.
- Complete and file time sheets, expense reports and other reports as necessary in a timely and accurate manner.
- Safely operate and maintain company vehicle as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
What We Need From You:
- Minimum 2 years experience as a photojournalist
- Demonstrated ability to “ask the tough questions”
- Bilingual in English and French
- Proficient in reporting, writing, editing and producing engaging content for broadcast, online and social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to shoot video and audio using broadcast video equipment
- Demonstrated understanding of the rules and concepts of video recording.
- Maintain camera, equipment and vehicle and operate safely
- Demonstrated ability to create, curate and develop content using digital operating systems for multiple platforms.
- Strong live on air presentation skills.
- Excellent reporting and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must work well under pressure and have a positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to meet strict daily deadlines, and work co-operatively with others in a dynamic teamwork environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows
- The ability to write/produce web, text and manage content through social-media;
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- An ability to work independently
- A knack for thinking on your feet under pressure
- A positive can do attitude
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 4, 2017. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.