Global News – Online Video Producer
Division: Global News
Work Status: 1-year Full-time contract
Location: Barber Greene – Global Toronto
About the Role
- Reporting to the Director – Video Strategy, you will be responsible for:
- Create compelling, original video and audio for all Global News platforms and social media platforms.
- Write compelling, original story posts for embedding video and audio.
- Work with Global News Resources desk to manage incoming feeds, schedule and set-up live streams.
- Assist local stations in breaking news situations with video content.
- Manage daily maintenance of video content on Global News sites: edit and incorporate news-related content through internal content management systems (ThePlatform, WordPress) on a daily basis.
- Assist web producers with the management of all video and audio content including sourcing, screening, QA, adding metadata and uploading.
- Organize and assist with gathering of video content from across the Global News Network to share both internally and facilitating syndication requests.
- Back up existing video producers when necessary, in the event of illness, vacation or significant breaking news.
- Work with Corus Digital Video team to troubleshoot bugs.
- Train and evangelize online video content to internal stakeholders.
What We Need From You:
- A passion for news and journalism, including a keen interest in current events, Canadian news and history.
- Experience in the online environment, especially video editing and writing for the web.
- Minimum 4-years experience with non-linear editing tools: Adobe Premiere, Edius, Final Cut
- Minimum 4-years experience using Adobe Creative Suite: After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Experience using live streaming hardware (Elemental, Spinnaker, Tricaster) and applications – Facebook Live, Periscope, Snappy TV
- Must have first-hand experience using mobile devices on a daily basis as well as working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, etc), and related applications.
- Must be able to adapt in a rapidly changing media and technology landscape.
- The ability to create a wide range of news and current affairs content for a multi-faceted digital news operation.
- Ability to handle the demands and pressure of multiple, daily online and broadcast deadlines.
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system.
- A familiarity with digital production equipment an asset including digital video cameras, DSLRs, Tricaster, streambox
- A familiarity with Global News, both online and on-air.
- Familiarity with latest advancements in online video and video trends
- Knowledge of video workflow from booking feeds and ingest to online distribution.
- Working knowledge of how major news organizations are employing a wide range of digital platforms and formats.
- Journalism degree is an asset; news writing experience is a must
- The ability to write/produce web, text and social-media versions of news stories.
- Familiarity with online tools and languages, including digital video, HTML, Photoshop, FTP, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent organizational, communication and creativity skills including the ability to brainstorm and create content that works on the web.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Creative mind with the ability to think outside the box and problem solve.
- A team player that can work both independently and within a collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a high-pressure situation
- Self-motivated individual that can be counted on to make decisions
- Effectively manage time and work under pressure
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalTorontoCareers@corusent.com by July 25, 2017. Please clearly identify “Global News – Online Video Producer” in the subject line.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.