Career Opportunity: Online Producer
Job ID: Job ID 11
Division: News & Information
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Global Regina
About the Role
Global Regina’s News Department is currently seeking a full-time Online Producer to join their team.
The successful candidate will be a proven journalist with strong on-air skills. He/she will work in a competitive news market with a motivated team whose newscasts are targeted at viewers in the 25-54 demographic. Applicants will have a diploma/degree in Journalism and at least 2 years’ experience in a medium or large market. Applicants must also work well under pressure and be able to meet strict daily deadlines, and work co-operatively with others in a teamwork setting.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Managing the day-to-day maintenance and related development of both the Evening News microsite and overall news site connected to Global Regina.
- Liaising with local news teams, including web producers, news directors, producers, assignment editors, anchors, reporters and other news professionals to create unique online content.
- Writing and editing copy from television scripts, editing and posting streaming video, working with producers and anchors to create an interactive environment (including blogs) and helping build a rapport with viewers and website users.
- Planning, creating, editing and uploading compelling and unique web and cross-media content, including breaking news, long-form features, photo- and video-based features, and interactive features.
- Working with Senior Producer to ensure special projects are accurately scoped, resourced and budgeted
- Working with Digital Media and broadcast teams to explore new methods of converging online and TV content to create a seamless experience for our audience
- Learning the various Corus Media news tools: content management systems, video platforms, photo databases and wire news services.
- Staying informed of local, national and international news.
What We Need From You:
- An expertise in and passion for online journalism
- College or university degree (or equivalent experience), preferably in journalism, radio/television broadcasting or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in developing online content and Social Media
- Experience in managing and delivering multiple projects on time and on budget
- Excellent writing, copy editing and substantive editing skills
- Strong working knowledge of multimedia tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, and a familiarity with HTML.
- Diverse content experience across multiple verticals and formats, including digital video, text articles, blogs, digital photos.
- Strong working knowledge of FTP programs and understanding of online metrics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience working with several internal and external stakeholders on various projects.
- Experience working in broadcast news, and in a digital newsroom environment, is an asset.
- Enthusiasm and passion for all forms of news – everything from international events to politics, pop culture, sports and business – with an emphasis on Regina-based news and current affairs, as well as a keen interest in technology and digital media.
- Flexibility in working shifts and weekends when necessary
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalReginaCareers@corusent.com by January 10, 2018. Please clearly identify the Job Title in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.