Division: In-House Media Agency
Work Status: Regular Full-time
Location: Toronto, Corus Quay
About the Role
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, the Media Planner will be a key part of the team. You will get to know your client’s business inside and out, including the industry and your client’s competitors. You will use your knowledge to help determine your client’s media needs. The Media planner is responsible for developing media strategies that deliver against media objectives based on overall marketing/communication objectives. You will also be expected to deliver on-going media evaluations and quality control/execution of plans. You are expected to be familiar with all types of planning including broadcast, OOH and digital.
- Aids in the creation of client media objectives and strategies
- Works with team leadership to develop detailed media plans
- Presents plans to the client with assistance (where necessary) of Sr. media team members
- Works closely with all teams to implement plans with excellence and highlight insights/learnings to client
- Works closely with client, partner agencies, and in house teams to ensure integrated plans and executions
- Actively maintains campaigns ensuring quality control and adherence to overall media plan objectives
- Actively participates in client status meetings, documenting key meetings and ensures action items are executed
- Assist in training of Media Coordinator(s)
- Keeps up with and advises clients on the latest trends in media
What We Need From You:
- You must be ready to take on a lot of responsibility, multi task, work hard, and learn a lot.
- You think critically, analyze everything and look for unconventional solutions to problems. You like to speak up with new ideas, and help carry out the smart ideas of others. You can analyze a set of numbers and you are proficient in math. You know how to use various forms of media research.
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Minimum 3 years of media planning experience, at an agency or media organization
- Post-secondary degree specialization in Advertising and/or Marketing an asset
- At least one year of online media planning/buying (including experience in all aspects of the process)
- Proactive thinker with strong client service orientation
- Self-starter, with solid interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of acquisition focused media and complex tracking of same
- Detail-oriented with strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Proficient in MS Office, comScore, Infosys, Clear Decisions (Vividata), Radiowave etc.
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Media_Agency_Careers@corusent.com by December 14, 2017.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.