Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about children’s entertainment and consumer products licensing? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Nelvana Enterprises has an exciting opportunity for a Licensing Manager at our Toronto location. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for consumer products licensing throughout the US and Canada.
Work Status: Full-Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role:
Reporting to the Licensing Director, you will be responsible for managing Hardlines and some Softlines licensing in the US and Canada.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Solicit, negotiate and conclude merchandise licensing agreements (with final approval by Director) with leading category partners in Canada and the U.S. within category responsibilities.
- Day-to-day management of merchandise licensees with respect to business issues, assortment plans, product development, retail placement and financial forecasts.
- Research and contact new licensing partners and product categories by exploring the market, evaluating competitors, checking stores, and reading about trends. Meet new/potential licensees to discuss distribution, product lines, core strengths and past licenses.
- Liaise with various internal departments and external clients to ensure projects are completed efficiently and accordingly, including contract process, creative services, and accounts receivable.
- Input on business plans, brand plans and related support.
- Attend industry trade shows to meet with current licensees and develop new business relationships
What We Need From You:
- 3-5 years experience in licensing, toy or retail industries in Canada or the US
- Proven success generating revenue and managing licensing partners
- Experience negotiating licensing agreements, account management, business planning, sales techniques and changing trends in broadcast and entertainment
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong conceptual sales skills and excellent presentation skills.
- Proven ability to satisfy customers and build high value, relationships with customers and internal team members.
- Strong customer focus, attention to detail and follow up skills
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Passion for kids entertainment
- Strong desire to learn
How to Apply:
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Tonya Lindo at NelvanaEnterprisesCareers@corusent.com
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.