Corus Entertainment and Global News has an exciting opportunity for a Motion Graphic Designer located in Toronto
- Are you proud of your accomplishments and value a collaborative team environment?
- Do you have a flair for combining art and technology to communicate ideas and information?
- Would you like to join an award-winning design team that is part of the most innovative news organization in the country?
If you answered yes to these questions and you are full of enthusiasm and creativity then we would like to hear from you.
Junior Motion Graphic Artist – Part Time
Job ID: X06010GE-H
Division: Global News – Graphics
Work Status: Part time
Location: Toronto – 81 Barber Greene Rd. Don Mills, ON
About the Role
Reporting to the Managing Art Director your role and responsibilities will to continue to define the look of our 24/7 News anywhere programs. You have a creative flair with a strong visual sense that will have a big impact as an integral member of an award winning News Design Team. You are passionate about news, motion design and 3D animation and can demonstrate your talents and exceptional graphic skills as part of your portfolio.
- Possess a combination of creative and technical skills with hands on abilities in Adobe CC and 3D animation software.
- Maintain a good understanding of media production processes and on-air graphic technologies.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines and meet strong quality assurance expectations.
- Use good client facing skills to deal with a large number of stake-holders in satisfying their needs and take original ideas from concept to completion.
- With a strong creative flair, conceptualize and create daily news graphics and maintain show branding for various programs and digital platforms.
- Liaise with editorial staff in regard to daily production requirements and work closely with producers and directors in the creation of content for our off-air, on-air and digital platforms.
- Participate in and provide relevant information for daily editorial meetings.
- Perform other duties as required.
What We Need From You:
- A University degree or equivalent post-secondary education in Graphic Design or Media Arts
- Must be able to work various shifts as required.
- You are confident in your creative ability and have a keen drive to stay up to date with new and constant changes in graphic software, current design methods and practices.
- Must have leadership qualities to give and take direction.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Studio Max or equivalent 3D applications.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- A passion for story telling using 2D and 3D motion design and how they can be applied to informational graphics.
- Experience with Architectural Design and Virtual Set Technologies would be a definite asset.
- A background in Journalism or copy writing would be a plus.
- You are a team player with a positive can do attitude.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter and link to your portfolio to GlobalTorontoCareers@corusent.com by September 18, 2017. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.