Human Resources Coordinator
Corus is a driving force in the media industry, with a diverse portfolio of incredible brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We are looking for someone pretty special to join our People team.
Our Ideal Candidate is…. Professional, business focused, calm under pressure, a multi-tasker, sees all sides of the situation and is comfortable asking the right questions to help support the business needs. You enjoy a fast paced environment, where change is part of the everyday. You excel at developing relationships with leaders, employees, and have 1-2 years of HR experience.
Now about the job…..reporting to the Senior Manager, People, the HR Coordinator provides administrative support and executes on various human resources projects, programs, and procedures. The position plays a key role supporting the management teams across various client groups, and is seen as a vital part of our People Business Partner team.
About the Role
Some of the things you will do everyday:
- Provide administrative support on a wide range of HR activities and transactions for Corus Entertainment; handle various incoming queries and administration from Employees and Managers related to the new hire and various other HR procedures.
- Prepare various employee related calculations and associated documentation based on relevant legislation and Corus policies.
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Manager of Human Resources on various projects such as, but not limited to, recruitment support, Independent Contractors, and other functional initiatives/programs as they arise.
- Assist in the administrative processes related to Disability Management.
- Assist with special projects, initiatives, reporting and documentation, as required.
What We Need From You:
- Solid knowledge of Human Resources best practices and legislative regulations (Federal and Provincial) in order to provide sound administrative support.
- Positive and collaborative team member with strong communication (both verbal and written) required.
- Ideally 1 to 2 years of relevant human resource experience required.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills to ensure the quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Professional, friendly manner and exceptional customer service skills.
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of MS Office, HRIS (OdysseyHR experience ideal) and ability to compile statistical information.
- Related post secondary education required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter by January 20, 2017 to:
*Please include “Human Resources Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls or agencies please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.