Department: Human Resources
Work Status: Full-time
Bilingual (En & Fr) Required
Corus is a driving force in the media industry, with a diverse portfolio of incredible brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day. Some of our incredible brands include: Global News, Food Network, Showcase, W Network, HGTV, YTV, Q107, 102.1 the Edge and many more…
We are looking for someone pretty special to join our People Team.
Our Ideal Candidate is…. business focused, calm under pressure, a multi-tasker that sees all sides of the situation and is comfortable challenging leaders’ implementation strategies. You excel at developing trust based relationships with leaders and employees and have considerable HR experience in a generalist capacity (4+ years). You are fully bilingual and able to conduct business in English and French to support our Montreal office.
Now about the job…..reporting to the Senior Manager, People, based out of Toronto, the HR Advisor provides advice and guidance to business leaders on recruitment, performance management, compensation, employee engagement and employee and labour relations. The position plays a key role supporting the management teams across various client groups and locations, and is seen as a vital business partner.
About The Role
- Perpetuate a culture of high performance through effective leader coaching and feedback
- Counsel leaders on the effective use of professional development plans, performance improvement plans, progressive discipline, and risk mitigated termination decisions
- Coach leaders on creating an environment where positive employee relations are foundational to the successful outcome of high employee engagement and retention in service of the successful delivery of business objectives
- Provide counsel on compensation decisions for new hires, lateral moves, promotions, off-cycle changes, merit, and market adjustments
- Lead internal investigations on employment related matters
- Interpretation and implementation of relevant employment practices (e.g. Employment and human rights legislation, collective agreements, labour law, CLC)
- Partner with Total Rewards, Talent Development and the rest of the Business Partner team.
What We Need From You:
- Degree/diploma in Business and/or Human Resources complemented by related work experience in a human resources generalist role
- Bilingual in English and French with advanced speaking and writing is essential
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and principles. Labour Relations experience an asset
- Knowledge and experience with Federal employment legislation (eg. CLC) as well as Ontario and Quebec laws and regulations
- CHRP designation or in progress an asset
- Demonstrated consulting and coaching skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Strong problem solving skills and experience; and organizational skills
- A positive attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter, quoting the job title in the subject line by September 20, 2017 to PeopleCareers@corusent.com.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.