Career Opportunity: Digital Journalist
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Global Edmonton
About the Role
The Global Edmonton news team is currently seeking a Digital Journalist (Group DJ) to join their team. Reporting to the Managing Editor, the successful candidate will be a flexible multi-tasker with a positive, can-do attitude. She or he will be required to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, days, evenings and weekends reporting, writing, editing, posting and promoting content for all platforms.
Primary functions and responsibilities:
- Research and develop original and enterprising story and guest ideas.
- Regularly write, post, promote and update stories on globalnews.ca.
- Report, shoot write and edit stories for multiple daily newscasts and for globalnews.ca.
- Regularly post links, video and photos on social media to promote Global News content and engage with viewers.
- Report live, on location.
- Participate in assignment meetings.
- Be a strong advocate, model and mentor for digital journalism and a digital-first workflow.
- Participate in Global Edmonton promotional and community initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- At least three years’ experience in broadcast and online journalism
- Degree/diploma in journalism from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Proven on-air presentation, including live remotes and unscripted material
- Adept writer for broadcast, online and social media
- Willing and able to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows
- Organized and able to make quick and effective decisions under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment
- Preference will be given to candidates with proven shooting and/or editing experience.
This is a bargaining unit position of Digital Journalist – Group DJ
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday February 24, 2017. Please clearly identify the Job Title in the subject line.
Internal candidates must indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
*No phone calls please. We thank all applicants in advance, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.