Corus has an exciting opportunity on our Social Team for a Community Manager.
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role
- Reporting to the Social Strategist, you will help to build and engage with the audiences for some of Canada’s leading social brands, across platforms.
- Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage and execute social strategy and calendar across social platforms.
- Build our communities, create fandom and drive engagement & conversation with our brands.
- Research and proactively recommend ideas and new content for our brands.
- Help to create content for our key channels.
- Smart, creative copywriting to engage audiences.
- Deep understanding of data and social analytics
- Keep abreast of industry trends and algorithm changes to inform approach and drive performance.
What We Need From You:
- A minimum of 1-3 years experience managing large social audiences, media & entertainment experience is preferred
- Experience in content management/publishing tools (Spredfast, Sprinklr, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
- Independent and self-reliant, but is a team player and comfortable with training others
- Agile, nimble, flexible
- Experience managing multiple, large social audiences
- Previous experience with paid social an asset
- Visual media experience a plus (photography, videography)
- A passion for television and social media
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 16, 2018.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.