It’s a great time to join Canada’s powerhouse of news, as we carve a path into a bright new future. Global News provides Canadians from coast to coast a host of news and information – from breaking news in their community to deep engaging content that puts complex world issues in perspective. We leverage the strength of Corus Entertainment Inc., and our powerful combination of media assets positions us as an entertainment destination choice for consumers – a proudly Canadian company that nurtures a diverse range of Canadian voices and choices.
Job ID: JOB ID 07
Division: Global Toronto
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role
Global Toronto has an opening for a full-time Broadcast Technician in the Technical Services department. This position will report to the Team Lead, News Technology, Global Toronto
As a Broadcast Technician, the following is an outline of some – not all – of the primary functions and responsibilities for this position:
- Inspections, installations, repairs and maintenance of all broadcast-related technical, computer and related equipment as well as mechanical equipment;
- Emergency and routine maintenance on a wide variety of studio and newsroom broadcast equipment which supports News Operations, live and recorded studio productions;
- As required, Maintenance of Microwave Vans, Satellite Uplink truck and other mobile equipment
- Field service support for remote location News or other Production events;
- Rotating shift work, including early mornings, evenings and weekends will be involved;
- Perform other duties as required.
What We Need From You:
The ability to work well with others as well as solo and unsupervised are key abilities to be a success in this position.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of a multi-year year Broadcast Technology / Engineering course at a recognized training facility;
- Additional training or certification in IP systems and network environments are considered an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on broadcast television experience with both analog and SD/HD digital equipment. This includes UPS systems, Calrec and Yamaha audio consoles, Evertz MVP multi-viewer display systems, Grass Valley Stratus digital newsroom systems, Evertz and Harris routing switchers, Ikegami studio cameras, Image Video tally control systems, Mosart control room automation systems, Ross Xpression graphics systems, Riedel intercom systems, Snell Kahuna production switchers, Sony EX-350 news field cameras, Telemetrics studio camera robotics systems, WSI TruVu weather systems, fiber transport systems, and digital microwave systems;
- Working knowledge of ENPS newsroom editorial systems
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP/7/Server 2003/2008 platforms, Microsoft networking and Broadcast IP Technology;
- Must be a strong team player who is eager to embrace new technologies, is self-motivated and has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalTorontoCareers@corusent.com by February 21, 2018. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements and must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.