Work Status: Full Time
About the Role
104.5 Fresh Radio has a rare and amazing opportunity within our Programming Department for an “Afternoon Drive Host/Personality” in Cornwall, Ontario. Our preferred candidate will be an energetic, community-oriented individual who enjoys interacting with people on the air and in person around the area at local events, remotes and festivals. Our new host will someone who is outgoing and not afraid to shake hands with locals. If you know how to talk with a Female Demo 25-44, that won’t hurt you either.
We are looking for someone who has a great smile and is not afraid to show it every day. Someone who understands Social Media and is not afraid to use it. And above all, you must be a storyteller while remembering that “brevity is the soul of wit” (Extra points to those who know where that comes from).
Along with a minimum amount of on air experience, you should have some working knowledge of Music Master as you will be required to produce and execute a daily music log for 104.5 Fresh Radio. There’s all the other stuff we are looking for too such as “self-motivated, mature, a “creative thinker”, a problem solver, and organized.”
If this sounds like you, or what you hope we believe is you, send us your resume and best demo today!
- Deliver an Afternoon Show 2-7pm weekdays
- Produce daily music log through Music Master
- Use social media platforms to reach the audience daily
- Be a Brand ambassador and represent our radio station in a positive fashion at all community events and festivals
- Have a passion for the music we play on Fresh Radio
- Be available for On Location remotes as assigned
What We Need From You:
- Must posses a valid Ontario driver’s license
- Must be able to provide an acceptable “Driver’s Abstract” upon request
- Ability to speak the English language clearly with expression and confidence (on and off the air)
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in MS Word and Chrome and basic web-site maintenance
- Must have a positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by October 31, 2107 to:
Bill Halman, Program Director
709 Cotton Mill Street Cornwall, ON K6H 7K7
Email Address: William.Halman@corusent.com
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted