AFTERNOON DRIVE ANNOUNCER / MUSIC DIRECTOR
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
About the Role:
97.5 BIG FM has an exciting opportunity for an Afternoon Drive Announcer/Music Director in Winnipeg. Reporting to the Senior Program Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for running the 97.5 BIG FM Music Department and 5 on-air shows per week with a variety of announcer functions including station promotions and production duties.
- Execute a compelling, interactive, local and listener driven show
- Schedule music on 97.5 BIG FM, targeting core audience and using available research
- Ensure compliance with CRTC regulation
- Knowledge and compliance of CBSC regulations
- 5 on-air shifts per week plus occasional voice tracking
- Personal and promotional appearances on behalf of 97.5 BIG FM
- Commercial production as required
- Hosting/voice-tracking various shows on 97.5 BIG FM
- Ability to operate board and voice track equipment
- Inform and entertain listeners
- Can communicate effectively on all station social media platforms
- Video editing an asset
What We Need From You:
- Experience as a Music Director, using Musicmaster, preferably in a rock format.
- Previous on-air experience preferably, but not limited to, a rock format.
- Strong on-air presentation and ability to execute a compelling, interactive, local and listener driven show
- Technical Board operation experience
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume and demo by July 27, 2016 to:
Senior Program Director
97.5 BIG FM / 99.1 Fresh Radio
*Please include ‘Afternoon Drive Announcer/Music Director” in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities