Street Team Member
Work Status: Casual
About the Role
Do you thrive in social situations? Are you the life of the party?
Corus Radio is searching for our next Street Team Member for an entry-level Promotions/Public Relations position.
If you have an outgoing, energetic and approachable personality and you love engaging with the public both face-to-face and through social media, then we want to meet you!
We’re looking for bright young people who love to work as a team, and who can get creative in on-site situations.
Reporting to the Promotions Assistant and Promotions Director, you’ll be responsible for representing the station all over town while creating fun, memorable experiences for our listeners.
- Represent Corus Radio all over Ottawa and execute station appearances on the street, at events, concerts, festivals, client locations, movie premieres, etc.
- Engage with listeners and make them remember you. You’re approachable and you love talking to strangers!
- Be a social media expert, posting pics to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook from station events, concerts, on the street, etc. You should be the first person to know what’s going on!
- Promote the station and brand with a big smile! Be outgoing, enthusiastic and have fun!
- Be able to shine in front of a crowd and be comfortable on a microphone.
- Responsible, reliable and punctual. Always represent the station in a professional manner.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of the equipment in order to efficiently set up and tear down equipment and signage.
- Hours: Approximately 12-16 hours per week.
- What We Need From You:
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available weekends/evenings/holidays.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid class “G” Ontario drivers licence and a clean driving record.
- Excellent geographic knowledge of Ottawa.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Must thrive in a fast paced, team environment.
- Able to lift and carry equipment as required.
- Previous promotional experience is an asset.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter, quoting the job title in the subject line by June 21, 2017 to Ryan.Forsyth@corusent.com.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
June is Pride Month, a time to celebrate the people in our LGBTQ community here at Corus and in all the communities in which we work every day.
Everyone has a need and a right to be embraced as the unique individuals that they are. This is critical to personal well-being. And at Corus, supporting this need is core to our values.