Senior Technical Maintenance / MIS
Division: Global Montreal
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Montreal, Quebec
About the Role
- Report to the Supervisor Technical Maintenance / MIS who leads the Global News Technology Team
- Contribute to and/or assist in the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of all types of broadcast and IT related equipment. In this role, this individual will;
- Maintain a variety of broadcast systems and equipment.
- Cameras (Sony)
- Studio (Camera Automation/Robotics, Lighting and audio)
- Grass Valley NLE Editing
- Transcoding systems
- External file based content delivery to/from long format and short format
- Ingest systems
- Internal content delivery systems to/from short format and New Media
- Ensure technical performance standards are met.
- Familiar with ACAD/Visio drawings platforms.
- Experience with the installation and wiring best practices of broadcast and IT equipment
- Assist with various IT service desk support and IT projects and other IT assignments as required.
- Familiar with Broadcast RF transmission system.
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Provide operational and Technical support to the Global Quebec News Operations
What We Need From You:
- Recognized certificate in Broadcast Technology, Electronics or Computer Science or equivalent
- It is necessary that the incumbent have a basic knowledge of computer system hardware, to the device level, their capacities and capabilities. It is expected that the incumbent will have the necessary skills and ability to assemble, configure or service any and all workstation hardware.
- Operational knowledge of a variety of Broadcast systems and equipment
- 5 – 10 years of broadcast engineering experience
- Logical reasoning, creative thinking and problem solving ability
- Strong computer knowledge and background
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Effective communicator
- Directly related experience in Studio Operations and IT a definite asset
- Valid Driver’s license
- Bilingual a definite asset
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by January 24, 2018 to email@example.com
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*Please include “Senior Technical Maintenance / MIS” in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.