Work Status: Contract (12 Months)
Location: Toronto, ON
Nelvana Enterprises is seeking candidates for the position of YouTube Digital Coordinator. Nelvana is a producer and distributor of children’s and preschool content and manages one of the largest catalogs of children’s content. The YouTube Digital Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of Nelvana’s YouTube channels spanning a wide array of preschool and children’s brands. These tasks will include creating upload schedules, using graphics software to design channel artwork, editing and transcoding videos, moderating comments and community engagement, and a general adherence to YouTube’s guidelines and best practices.
The Digital Coordinator will be expected to develop and execute on a strategy to grow Nelvana’s channels, editing together the necessary content needed to achieve that growth. The digital coordinator is expected to become not only an expert in Nelvana’s content, but expert in our audience and what they’re watching on the digital platform.
About the Role
- Responsible for sourcing, uploading and reviewing content on the Nelvana MCN
- Monitor and assess content portfolio incoming from Nelvana and highlight key initiatives
- Providing regular updates on channel activity and growth
- Source raw graphic assets and create custom graphics for Nelvana YouTube
- Maintain Nelvana’s YouTube channels’ video portfolio – sourcing and clipping videos for ingest
- Editing and transcoding videos
- Optimizing titles, descriptions, keywords and metadata
- Manage and schedule content across Nelvana YouTube channels
- Ensure Nelvana’s channels are adhering to best-practices
- Work with and strategize amongst several different internal departments – including marketing, merchandise and rights management – to ensure best-in-class approach to collaborative projects
- Perform competitive content analysis across other Kids genre
- Assist in the execution of large-scale digital campaigns
- Constantly identify project risks, requirements, and larger opportunities
What We Need From You:
- Ability to meet deadlines and the capability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proficiency in Adobe Premier Pro and Photoshop is a must
- Proficiency in Excel is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proactive, positive team member with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills with results-oriented focus
- Detail-oriented, accurate and a quick learner
- Maintain contemporary skills, training and knowledge of emerging platforms
- Is creative, resourceful and tech-savvy with a “best-in-class” mentality and approach to your work
- Familiarity with the YouTube platform or YouTube content management system a strong asset
- An interest in Kids content and the digital space
- Be proactive and a fast learner
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 27, 2018.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.