Contract Manager, Outbound & Production
Division: Law Department
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role
The Corus Law Department has an exciting opportunity for a Contract Manager in our Toronto office. Reporting to the Director, Legal Counsel for Nelvana Studios, the successful candidate will be responsible for the drafting, reviewing and administration of various production agreements as well as occasional publishing and interactive agreements.
- Negotiating, drafting and administering various production agreements and related documentation.
- Coordinating the flow of appropriate contract information and documentation among all departments of the company and third parties, as required.
- Ongoing review of precedent agreements for necessary updates.
- Maintaining files, including electronically, on a centralized system.
What We Need From You:
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Past work experience in the entertainment/media industries preferred (animation, television/film production, broadcasting or publishing)
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (French as a second language is an asset).
- University/College Graduate.
- Strong computer software experience in a Microsoft Windows environment, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- A team player with a positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by February 12, 2018 to:
Ms. Deborah Angel
Please specify the title of the position for which you’re applying, in the subject line of your correspondence. No phone calls please. We will contact only those applicants whom we wish to interview.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment, and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.