Contract Manager, Outbound & Production
Division: Law Department
Work Status: One (1) year maternity leave contract
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role
The Corus Law Department has an exciting opportunity for a Contract Manager in our Toronto office. Reporting to a Director, Legal Counsel, the successful candidate will be responsible for drafting, reviewing, administration and negotiation of agreements relating to the development, commissioning and licensing of television programs and digital content for Corus’ broadcast and digital media businesses.
- Carry your own file load, and draft and negotiate development agreements, commitment letters, license agreements and ancillary financing documentation for Canadian Commissioned Original Programming (from existing templates);
- Assist in maintaining records database of contract information and in coordinating the flow of appropriate information and documentation among internal departments and external third parties;
- Liaise with Production Executives and Program Coordinators, as well as externally with Independent Producers and their advisors; and
- Assist in continual improvement of department processes, documentation and practice to achieve more efficient workflow.
What We Need From You:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience negotiating television program license agreements in respect of Canadian Commissioned Original Programming, digital content and related ancillary documentation (including ancillary financing documents);
- Familiarity with the Canadian broadcast regulatory regime as applicable to Canadian Programs, as well as strong grounding in Canadian public financing incentives (including CAVCO and CMF guidelines); and
- Strong computer software experience in a Microsoft Windows environment, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment;
- Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal; and
- a positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by March 1, 2018 to:
25 Dockside Drive
Toronto, ON M5A 0B5
*Please include Position Name in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.