Assistant Picture Editor
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role
Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Picture Editor in our Toronto office. Reporting to the Post Production Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing editorial and file management support for the daytime staff. The position will be Monday to Friday working the evening shift.
- Assemble shows, cut in music and sound effects, cut in reshoots, compile pick-up lists, make storyboard revisions, conform finished Leica and export OMF for dialogue breakdown.
- Responsible for importing or digitizing media, sub-clipping scenes, converting media, packaging and versioning shows and promotional material, and ensure sync is maintained.
- Responsible for properly exporting master files and outputting files to videotapes. Ensure accuracy to specifications and that dubs are generated.
What We Need From You:
- Minimum 2 years of Post Production experience
- A strong understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro in a MAC environment
- Experience in animation production and/or storyboard software an asset
- Knowledge of After Effects and Photoshop
- Understanding of a non-linear editing work environment.
- Understanding of broadcast file formats and workflow in a tapeless post production environment
- Working a flexible schedule under minimal supervision
- The ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills with attention to detail
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that enables the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
- A strong understanding of all tape transport systems and broadcast standards in a post production environment is an asset.
- A passion for television and animated series especially as it relates to editing and story telling.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 16, 2018.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.