Announcer, Evening Show, Intermediate
Division: 91.5 The BEAT CKBT-FM
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
About the Role
91.5 The BEAT has an exciting opportunity for an Evening host, in our Kitchener office. Reporting to the Program Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for 5 live on-air shows per week with a variety of announcer functions including station promotions and production duties.
- 5 live on-air shifts per week.
- Personal and promotional appearances on behalf of 91.5 The BEAT.
- Commercial production as required.
- Voice tracking as needed.
- Responsible for all produced audio content for the show
- Be an excellent Ambassador for 91.5 The BEAT through community involvement
What We Need From You:
- You are friendly and approachable in the halls
- You thrive in a creative environment
- You can embrace the CHR lifestyle
- You can entertain, engage and laugh
- You are a dynamic on-air talent who can bring your show to life
- You can integrate with an established team
- You can say a lot in a short amount of time
- You have a natural curiosity about the things around you
- Knowledge of Media Touch/Adobe/VoxPro/Video Production/Photoshop is an asset
- You think out of the box and have excellent show prep skills
- Social media savvy—Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and blogging
- You have a valid G drivers license
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a demo and resume by September 13, 2017 to:
91.5 The BEAT
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.