Digital Planning Advisor
Division: In-House Media Agency
Work Status: Regular Full-time
Location: Toronto, Corus Quay
About the Role
As the Digital Planning Advisor you will be a key part of our team. You will get to know your client’s business inside and out, including the industry and your client’s competitors. You will use your knowledge to assist in developing, implementing, tracking and optimizing digital campaigns for your clients.
- Own & support all campaign trafficking and tracking responsibilities
- Oversee execution of digital display, mobile and video campaign tracking ensuring daily and post-campaign measurement
- Coordinate implementation of all digital ad operations including tracking, tagging, publisher/DSP/ad server correspondence
- QA on all interactive ad units, URL, landing pages & deliverables
- Work closely with 3rd party tracking company & production teams to ensure proper communication of specs, deadlines, and delivery
- Support digital analytics
- Create a digital performance measurement strategy in support of the Senior Manager, Digital Insights & Analytics, derived from clear business objectives.
- Work as a consultant with internal clients and the Digital Insights & Analytics team to help refine business KPI’s and reports as required.
- Explore information/metrics requirements and evolve the reporting based on various line of business and project feedback.
- Develop customized ad hoc and recurring queries in various analytical reporting tools to support research, report creation, analysis of data anomalies, and validation of data accuracy / quality assurance.
- Work with mobile specific data sets, including but not limited to geo-location, time based, and beacon specific data.
- Create dashboards, custom reports, and interactive worksheets that enable visualization and sharing of insights to audiences beyond the Digital Analytics and Insights team.
- Communicate findings in a professional, clear, and actionable manner, articulating next steps and recommendations to an executive level audience.
- Assist the Digital Insights and Analytics team to enable decision making based on shared reporting, data, and support the overall mandate of the digital analytics centre of excellence – an environment of transparency, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Ensure alignment of the data structure (i.e. eVars, Props, Events etc.) to map across multiple reporting suites (online, mobile web, mobile app, wearables, etc.).
What We Need From You:
You must be ready to take on a lot of responsibility, multi task, work hard, and learn a lot.
You think critically, analyze everything and look for unconventional solutions to problems. You can analyze a set of numbers and you are proficient in math. You know how to use various forms of media research.
You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- 3+ years in digital media, within an established media agency/client preferred. Digital planning & buying experience is a must
- Post-secondary degree specialization in Advertising and/or Marketing an asset
- Knowledge of acquisition focused media and complex tracking of same
- Knowledge of different buying methods such as CPM, CPC, CPE, CPA
- Understanding of multiple digital media channels (display, mobile, video, paid search, paid social)
- Google Certification in Display, Mobile, Video Advertising is strongly preferred
- Solid experience with DFA Digital campaign set-up, trafficking and tagging processes
- Experience in Twitter/Facebook/YouTube self-serve reporting Dashboards
- Solid experience with and understanding of reporting tools (DFA, Omniture, Webtrends, Adobe, Google analytics)
- Proactive thinker with strong client service orientation
- Self-starter, with solid interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong focus on commitment and follow-through
- Strong understanding of how to use syndicated tools (ComScore, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Media_Agency_Careers@corusent.com by December 15, 2017.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.