Division: In-House Media Agency
Work Status: Regular Full-time
Location: Toronto, Corus Quay
About the Role
The Media/Broadcast Buyer is responsible for the execution of all planned media according to objectives & timelines. The Media/Broadcast Buyer works closely with the planning team and Corus sales (as appropriate) to provide up to date reports for clients and team members in terms of expenditures and performance. In-depth knowledge of the media market is key for to provide recommendations to support strategic planning. This role works in collaboration with the in-house media team. They will provide buying and reporting for advertising campaigns, primarily in television, radio and web related activities.
- Oversee, track and execute against Shaw Corus Cash/Contra agreement
- Work with planning teams to use inventory ensuring optimal reach, frequency and GRP levels
- Actively participate in developing new opportunities, integrations, etc. using Corus assets in support of Shaw brands
- Provide knowledgeable guidance on broadcast buying strategies including reach, frequency, and GRP goals.
- Use media industry research tools (Infosys, Vividata, etc.) in support of decision-making
- Buying & Execution – all other media
- Work with Sales and Traffic to ensure maximum value tracked and delivered against agreement.
- Report on campaign goals (reach, frequency, GRP) and delivery against identified target markets
- Create and assist in the maintenance of the agreement, tracking each campaign and each element, from a cost perspective.
What We Need From You
- 2-3 years of buying experience (primarily television or radio)
- Strong math and analytical skills; Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills and project management; keeping multiple projects on-track, structuring and executing work. Deadline focused
- Strong communication skills; Expresses oneself clearly and concisely in oral communications; Writes in a clear, compelling and concise manner
- Inquisitive, participates in vendor meetings
- Proactive problem solving / anticipating client / team needs
- “Can-do” attitude and proven ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytics skills and experience in digital media, especially tracking and insight driven decision making
- Proficiency in Infosys, Radiowave (formerly Airware), TV/BBM, and other media related tools
- University degree or college diploma in Advertising/Radio/TV/Film/Marketing or equivalent work experience
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Media_Agency_Careers@corusent.com by March 7, 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.